Since 2008, Howard County’s annual GreenFest kicks off earth month throughout the County.
Each year, GreenFest draws more than 2,000 people who enjoy workshops, outdoor activities, opportunities for learning about local non-profits, children’s crafts and nature play spaces, giveaways, food and over 100 green vendors.
In the last three years, GreenFest included popular opportunities for residents to donate harder-to-recycle items resulting in:.
- 300 used bikes for Bikes for the World,
- Truck loads of reusable items to GoodWill and Habitat for Humanity,
- Hundreds of shoes for Nike ReUse-A-Shoe,
- More than 10 tons of electronics for recycling,
- Dozens of eyeglasses for the Lions Club, cell phones and even sewing machines.